Kids & Teens
The youth services department of the library offers a full range of programs and services for children and young adults. In addition to the print collection, the library offers programs designed to entertain and interest children and teens in reading. Early literacy programs for babies and toddlers are also offered on a regular basis. Special child-oriented computers are available at both libraries as well. The highlight of the year is the annual summer reading program for children from birth through 12th grade.
A family activity calendar with new suggestions every day for stories, songs, activities, and games!
An interactive website for young learners eager to explore information about the world around them. From dinosaurs to tough trucks, Early Learning features games, read a-louds with word-by-word highlighting in English and Spanish. Classic songs, nursery rhymes and fairy tales are also featured. Early Learning also features a section for grown ups and educators help make the most of the website.
- This eBook/eAudiobook collection, offered 2/1/21 to 2/1/22, is an online collection that has new books every month that can be read in a browser or on any device.
- For all users, please use the username VirginiaReader and the password VirginiaReader.
- Download the app from Google Play or the Apple Store for free or view in your browser.
- Use the filter symbol to search by grade level. English and Spanish languages are available.
- Can’t decide what to read next? Use Novelist to discover your next favorite author, series, or title!
Find more information about many of these resources at the following links: