Covid-19 Test Kits
COVID-19 Test Kits—Important Information for the Community
These free test kits are provided to the Amherst County Public Library by the Virginia Department of Health.
The FlowFlex COVID-19 rapid antigen test kits are to be used at home, not inside the library.
Important Test Kit Information:
- Test kits are FREE (No library or county funds were used for this program).
- To obtain a test kit, call the library at (434) 946-9488 and schedule a contactless curbside pickup. DO NOT ENTER THE LIBRARY TO PICK UP COVID TESTS (see below for OUTDOOR pick up locations). Test kits are available through both the Amherst and Madison Heights libraries while supplies last.
- PICK UP at Madison Heights: under cover, behind the book drop
- PICK UP at Amherst: under cover, on the FRONT porch
- Test kits are self-administered.
- Due to the medical nature of the tests and quarantine safety requirements, library staff cannot assist you with using the test kit. Test kits have an expiration date listed on the package.
- Each person may request up to 2 kits per day.
- You must be 16 years or older to get a test kit from the library.
- If you are sick or have Covid-19 symptoms, do NOT enter the library.
- The library reserves the right to further limit the number of kits given out.
Amherst Library Madison Heights Library
382 S Main St. 200 River James Shopping Center
Amherst, VA 24521 Madison Heights, VA 24572
(434) 946-9488, ext. 1 (434) 946-9488, ext. 2